Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, March 6, 2017

Exerting Control

Hiking along the arroyo trail west of Tortugas Mountain
I did a moderately-long hike in the outback west of Tortugas Mountain, the third morning trek without Becca (who sorely wants to accompany me).  But she's still out of commission for at least three or four days more.  Poor pup.  Her limp has improved dramatically, but I don't want to jump the gun on her recovery.  On the way back in I bumped into Jimmy, and he and I hiked to the parking area together, having a long, interesting discussion along the way.  I was able to control my picture-taking somewhat today; instead of taking 220 photos I took only 82.
Torrey Yucca in the western foothills

This Black-throated Sparrow was singing . . .

. . . to this Black-throated Sparrow

Mesa Greggia

Don't touch this cute little ball-of-thorns

Velvety nerisyrenia

How to bug a Spectacle Pod

Further west of Tortugas

Black-throated Sparrow keeping an eye on me

There's got to be a better place to perch

Ocotillo and the Organ Mountains

Ridge west of Tortugas Mountain

Let's take a closer look at this Barrel Cactus mandala

Why is this ripe fruit still here?

Perfectly delectable Barrel Cactus fruit

Clouds over the Organs

Strange lighting effects

Scorpion Weed growing alongside Mormon Tea

Wild Rhubarb

Spectacle Pod, Ocotillos, Organ Mountains

Spectacle Pod and Ocotillos

Purple Scorpion Weed

Flowers of the Wild Rhubarb

Daisies and cactus

Daisies and cactus (slight altered perspective)

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Many signs of spring in this post today, Packrat. I love to see all of the blossoms in the desert.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...