Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Long Trek Sans Dr. K

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum barn (right)
Dr. K is still feeling under the weather so Becca and I did a long hike on the Sunset side of Tortugas Mountain this morning.  There weren't many people when we started off, but it was quite crowded by the time we got back to the car.  In the interim period we had a good trek in the outback area west of the mountain where we ran into nobody.  We noticed on our way back in that all of the transformers at the Lineman school have been removed from the grounds, and only a few practice telephone poles remain.  I'm curious about what they're planning to do out there.
Where the largest transformer at the Linemen School once stood

Many more flowers since I photographed this yesterday

Sun halo around yucca

Sun through yucca

The light green spots are small Mesquite trees leafing out

Tortugas Mountain and the Organs

Sandbell

Respite in a secluded place

Claret Cups and Organ Mountains

Again

Yuccas in bloom

Three heads are better than two

I have no idea what these teeny white flowers are

Partially shaded break

Yucca west of Tortugas Mountain

I've seen this balancing act before

White Tackstem

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I wish I could have been there with you and Becca. I really like the photo "Sun Through Yucca."

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...