Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Humid and Sunny Saturday

Picacho
There was a very slight breeze when Willow, Frio and I started off this morning, but it quickly disappeared.  That left nothing for us to do but swelter, which we did during a trek up to First Arroyo and back.  Along the way up LDR we bumped into the male half of the husband-and-wife jogging team we see often on a Saturday.

On the return to the upper flatland the humidity seemed as high as it's been all summer, and I sweat accordingly.  Usually I carry a small face towel to wipe off, but I accidentally left it at home today.  Used one of my shirt sleeves instead, which I'd really rather not do, but in a crunch . . .

Despite the adverse weather conditions all hikers enjoyed our sojourn in the northern Chihuahuan Desert this morning.

This & the next:  from the upper flatland road


Heading down LDR-A

This & the next:  nice sky


Willow and Frio

Southwest down First Arroyo

Yellow flowers in B&W

View from First Arroyo

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the Yellow Flowers in B & W. It's been a very humid day.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...