Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, February 24, 2023

Quite a Change

1st 2:  Soaptree Yuccas
I know Dr. K felt hot this morning during our extended desert hike; she wore the same outfit she had on yesterday.  I opted for a light vest beneath my lightweight Marmot PreCip, and I was hot.  Even the Heelers seemed hot at times, taking more shade breaks than usual for this time of year.  67F as I post this blog.

We lengthened our trek by descending LDR-A across the Tellbrook Arroyo, turning east and then heading north along a wide arroyo that leads to the outer loop road furthest south.  But instead of going that far we headed west and bushwhacked for a while before jogging south to the Tellbrook Arroyo, which we crossed.

Picking up the Right Branch Arroyo we hiked south and then west up and over the steep hill just east of where the CR-V was parked.  A good outing today.


This & next:  same Barrel Cactus


Long view of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

Frio and Willow on scent

This & next:  Willow and Frio chillin'


Lincoln's Sparrow?

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photo of what might be a Lincoln's Sparrow. I like what you've done with the background.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...