Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Saturday Trek Sans One

Soaptree Yucca fruit where flowers used to be
Dr. K had a get-together this morning so it was Willow, Frio and me on the daily hike.  We followed our normal route and saw no human nor canine outdoor enthusiasts.

I did spot Old Swainsy atop the yucca on the ridge west of the Organ Mountains and took a few distant photos of the raptor; nothing to write home about.

At home later I was able to capture a few images of critters on our property.

Little-leaf Sumac with berries

This & next:  Soaptree Yucca flowers


View from the LDR-A arroyo

I reckon it's a flycatcher

Artsy flycatcher

This & next:  Swainson's Hawk atop yucca


This & next:  Willow and Frio


Quail in our yard

A male Gambel's Quail

Cottontail drinking from the cooler bleeder line runoff

Last 2:  Mourning Dove


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like seeing the photos of the critters in our yard. My favorite is the one of the Cottontail.

Trio and then Solo

Very early moon The three of us did an early morning hike on our usual route, but the cold wind kept us from adding any extra distance.  We ...