Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, September 18, 2026

Another Storm

Morning clouds
Another storm last night knocked our power out again; since Willow and I were already sleeping we have no idea how long the outage lasted.  The result of the rainfall:  high humidity during our morning trek.  We did a shorter one as compensation for the extra long hike we took yesterday.  Most interesting encounter was a male Wilson's Warbler that I only got two images of, one unusable and the other that appears here (which is disappointing).
Halfway decent photo of a Wilson's Warbler

Desert to the southwest

East to the mountains

Southwest of Tortugas Mountain

One ancient Soaptree Yucca soldier fell down

Cloud blanket

Willow on break in a wet left branch arroyo

Tortugas and the Organs

More southerly section of the Organ Mountains

 

No comments:

Another Storm

Morning clouds Another storm last night knocked our power out again; since Willow and I were already sleeping we have no idea how long the o...