Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Cool Change

Early morning double rainbow
It was raining right up until the time when Willow and I left for our morning outing; the result was a pleasantly cool start to the hike.  That sensation didn't last very long, though, as the 87% humidity began to take its toll.  Funny how that works.  We did the same full hike we did yesterday with the exception of an aborted start down the middle branch arroyo; Willow picked up a clump of prickly pear thorns, which I dislodged immediately.  We turned around and bushwhacked over to the left branch arroyo, following the route we took yesterday back to Whitey the CR-V.
Cloudy Organ Mountains from the trailhead

Headed down LDR-A

Soaptrees and the Organs

Distant view of the Organs and flank of Tortugas

Cholla cheerleaders

All the way down there?

Prickly pear peacock

Shed a few ounces

Four O'Clock

Holdover

 

No comments:

Cool Change

Early morning double rainbow It was raining right up until the time when Willow and I left for our morning outing; the result was a pleasant...