Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Old Friends

Desert still wet from overnight rain
Apparently it began raining hard last night at about 11:30.  The evidence was clear when Willow and I began our morning hike; rainwater had run forcefully along the arroyos and roads we explored.  For a change of pace Wils and I hiked LDR-A and LDR all the way up to First Arroyo where we hadn't been for some time.  We had to keep on the move with only minor breaks because the rain brought out ants everywhere.  I was able to give Willow water several times, and then again back at Whitey the CR-V.  I sure worked up a sweat today hiking in blazing sun, high humidity and very little breeze.  It was worth it, though.
This & next:  headed down LDR-A


Evidence of running rainwater on LDR

Haven't seen this hedgehog in quite some time

This & next:  Willow taking a break in First Arroyo


A wide section of First Arroyo

Looking back at the way we came into the arroyo

This & next:  Soaptree Yucca friends in First Arroyo


View from steep hill ridge as Willow and I returned to the car

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It was a big deluge last night, as you could tell by the look of the arroyos.

Old Friends

Desert still wet from overnight rain Apparently it began raining hard last night at about 11:30.  The evidence was clear when Willow and I b...