Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Scary Dry

The distant Organ Mountains
I've been a desert observer for decades, and I've never seen things this dry; and there are no rain clouds on the horizon.  Becca and I were surprised to encounter several hikers this morning, a woman with a Chocolate Lab who told me they had just seen three coyotes over a ridge, and a lanky man who said to me, "We sure need rain."  Seven states in the Southwest have at least several big fires burning in them, and it almost seems as if the whole region is ablaze.  We NEED precipitation.
Eager to lead the way


Hot and dry

Which of the three to choose?

An extra dry wash

Heating up

No comments:

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...