Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday's Good Behavior

Large Yucca on Tortugas's foothills
About a half mile into our hike, at the intersection of the new trail and the road to the top of Tortugas, we ran into three women hikers; the last had two dogs on leashes.  I had Becca on the lead, and I had her move off the left side of the trail and lie down in the desert while the others passed.  Becca was very good, lying still until the two dogs were beyond us.  The woman dog walker said to me, "What a well-behaved dog."  I said, "Well--sometimes."  But I was very pleased that Becca didn't get overly-excited one way or another.
The good dog

Bowing to pressure

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

She is much improved, thanks to you, Packrat.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...