Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, October 28, 2011

Freezing Mark

Coyote at the waterhole
I was well-equipped to handle the cold weather this morning; I remembered to bring gloves.  But because there was no wind I was able to remove them after a short while.  Even though it was freezing when we headed out (32 degrees Farenheit) the sun shone brightly and warmed things up.  We ran into two mountain bikers, the second of whom told me he was a beginner; he was having trouble finding the correct gears to use on a very rocky trail.
Non-coyote on the trail

Bald Ocotillo and Tortugas Mountain

Looking for Mr. Goodrabbit

A tall Soaptree Yucca

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad you bundled up, Packrat. The photo of the coyote is great.

Scott said...

Nice coyote image, Packrat! How far from the Trickster were you? Wasn't Becca going crazy? So many questions...

packrat said...

I was looking out my living room window, Scott, about thirty feet away from Mr. Coyote. Yes, Becca goes nuts if she sees them. Years ago, whenever we'd see any in the desert, she'd chase them. But I broke her of that habit right away. We have coyotes visiting the waterhole here quite often, as well as other wildlife, including foxes.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...