Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday on the Mountain

Tail down, worried look
Several interesting things were worth noting on our Saturday morning hike.  I've seen Hackberry and Red Barberry in the Chihuahuan Desert before, but I've never seen berries out in late October.  Since the leaves were gone, I'm not sure what this particular specimen was.  Also, I wouldn't expect to see a baby Horned Lizard at this time of year.  Finally, the paw print faintly resembles that of a mountain lion (cougars are present in the Organ Mountains), but this could have been a canid print rounded by the wind.

Red Barberry?

Baby Horned Lizard

Scouting the desert

Packrat and Becca in the field

Cougar print?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That photo of you and Becca is one of my favorites.

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...