Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Another Crowded Saturday

"Curious" is her middle name
Although the parking lot at the Sunset Area was full when Becca and I got out to the west side of Tortugas Mountain we had only one Close Encounter of the 3rd kind with another hiker.  I had to use my telephoto lens to capture the image of the hiker in the penultimate photo.  When I blew it up I recognized him as Mr. Tacoma, a man who generally hikes to the top of the mountain.  He must have decided it was too busy up there to make the effort.  We have bumped into him in the outback before so it's no great surprise to find him trekking there.
White-winged Dove in front of the Franklin Mountains

On the road back to Tortugas

Ocotillo blossoms

This hiker (center) was at least three miles away from us

Couldn't resist another image of a Prickly Pear flower

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I wonder what Mr. Tacoma would think if he knew he was on your blog?

packrat said...

Dr. K:

Good thing I don't identify him by his real name, huh?

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...