Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, May 9, 2014

IPA Day

The Franklin Mountains in the background
Becca and I did a fairly long hike west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, and we ran into only one mountain biker.  Had the place all to ourselves more or less.  On the way home I stopped at a "package store" to buy some Dale's Pale Ale, my favorite IPA.  Because I had read an article recently about tequila I thought I'd see how much a half-pint or pint of the stuff cost.  It's been decades since I've had any (and I can't say I really have a great hankering for it), but when I saw the prices of the spirit I spirited myself away from that aisle in the store.
Horsetail cloud

Happy camper

Tortugas Mountain and the Organ Mountains

Prickly Pear flower

"Dangerous" plant with delicate flowers

Beautiful blossoms

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It's amazing that such a painful and dangerous plant such as prickly pear can have such pretty flowers.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...