Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday's Just All Right

Western Kingbird
Looking our way
Lots of folks on and around the mountain this morning.  We encountered only a few, though.  One hiker was trekking with his shirt off, and he was so skeletal his chest looked like bones coated with a thin veneer of flesh-colored paint.  I was pretty slender decades ago, but time has added a pound or two.  Make that about 45 lbs.  I think I weighed 120 when I first entered the Navy.  Those were the days when I could eat anything and not gain an ounce.  I don't really have a weight problem nowadays, but there is that little spare tire I can't seem to deflate.

On the slalom trail

Small Mesquite Tree (maybe 6')

Resting in flimsy shade

Desert Broom (left)

Looking south toward El Paso

Sparrow in an Ocotillo

Soaptree Yucca flowers popping

I photographed this stalk when it looked like a walking stick

Flower with bugs

Creamy white color

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Pretty yellow and cream colored yucca blossoms.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...