Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Top Gun

This morning something happened that never had happened to me before:  a hummingbird flew full speed directly at my eyes before pulling up at the last millisecond, barely avoiding plunging into my face like a dart into a dartboard.  It just cleared the top of my head, and the whole thing transpired so quickly all I could do was say "Wow!" which caused Becca to look at me like I was crazy.  I've had hummingbirds fly close before; sometimes they'll zoom in at you, stop in a hovering position to check you out, and then zip off again.  But nothing like the crazy maneuver this morning.  Perhaps it was out drinking late last night, and what I was dealing with was a hungover hummer.



1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad you weren't hurt by the hungover hummer.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...