Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

WIND!



Turning into the wind
I had a doctor's appointment this morning, so Becca and I got a later start.  We did a moderately-long hike because the weather was pretty atrocious.  The wind started yesterday, blew through the night, and it's still blowing now at almost 12:30 p.m.  The front that's coming through is supposed to bring heavy rain with it, but right now it's only partly cloudy,  I have to do some grocery shopping this afternoon, and I never look forward to that.  I like to do my shopping in the morning, get in and out before the legion of late shoppers shows up to clog the aisles.  
Becca's not too fond of big wind

Clouds rolling over the Organs

A little sniffing activity

Long dirt road to the mountains

Flor de nopal

Cholla (choy-ya) flowers

More Cholla blossoms





1 comment:

Dr. K said...

This wind is not just awful to hike in, it's awful to drive in, too, as I found out this morning.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...