Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Bumping into Buddies

Black-throated Sparrow
Because today is errand day at the hacienda Becca and I couldn't take a long hike this morning; but we managed a moderately-lengthy one anyway.  On the way back we ran into our pal Jimmy at the trailhead, and while I was chatting with him JC and Olivia pulled up.  We all seemed to be in somewhat of a hurry, so after exchanging pleasantries we went our separate ways.
Do I look like I want my picture taken?

This is my better side

No, this is my better side

You really do need to get a life

Canine twist

The dark area inside the yucca base is a den

Mormon Tea budding out

A little west of the mountain

Ike and Mike

Half-zombie yucca

Becca sees something I don't

Healthy Hedgehog

Smoke signals (probably pecan farmers burning debris in the Mesilla Valley)

You can see a plume of smoke in the valley

Sandy break in the shade

Torrey Yucca, Creosote Bush and Ocotillos

Headed back

Tallest Soaptree Yucca west of Tortugas Mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Such cute photos of the black-throated sparrow.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...