Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Lengthy Trek

Down the single-track
Becca and I did an extra-long hike into the outback west of Tortugas Mountain this morning.  My hope of spotting a Coyote was realized, but the critter was so far away I couldn't get a photo.  We tried tracking the Trickster for a while, but he only made one more appearance, looking back to see how much distance he needed to put between us.  It was clear he wasn't curious about us at all, and he never let us close the gap between human with domestic dog and wild canid.
Becca spots a lazy critter

Drowsy hare (Black-tailed Jackrabbit)

Is someone on the mountain?

Small tree, large Ocotillo

Hedgehog Cactus

Loggerhead Shrike

Rolling Chihuahuan Desert

Close call

Not a petrified artichoke, but dead yucca leaves

Bushwhacking through here is easier than it looks

Very large Soaptree Yucca

Partly "on the road again"

Break!

Ocotillo tangle in the hills west of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

What happens when you lose your head

Black-tailed Jackrabbit at 65X

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the photo of the drowsy hare. Reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...