Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Lethargy

Sun about to break over the mountain
Ever had one of those nights where you sleep quite deeply, but wake up feeling groggy rather than refreshed?  That's what happened to me last night, and I feel like I'm still sleepwalking through the day.  On the trail I felt pretty lethargic, so it's a wonder I took any photos at all.  I got a few good ones, though I'm perplexed about the yellow flowers that are either a type of rushpea or a type of dalea; I'm too tired to put much energy into IDing this plant.  Wish I could do what Becca does after a long hike:  come home and have a treat, followed by a long nap.  If I nap on a hot, humid day I wake up feeling like you know what.
At the bottom of the single-track

Pollen-laden bee and Dayflowers

Desert Marigold

Barrel Cactus buds

Woolly Paperflower

Woolly Paperflower and bug

This looks like Indian Rushpea, but I don't think it is

Break

A type of Dalea?

West of the mountain

About to head back up

Peace and Love

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love that last photo, Packrat--Peace and Love. That's what we need during these times.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...