Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 6, 2017

Keep An Eye Out

November 6th wildflowers
Becca and I had to leave early this morning for a shortened hike west of Tortugas Mountain.  I had a 10:30 appointment with the eye doctor down in El Paso.  It has become something of a nightmare to drive in that metropolis; seemingly they're doing construction on all major streets on the city's west side.  Unfortunately I have to go down there again in mid-December; the ultrasound test I had (for the first time) indicated warning signs of glaucoma, so I have to have a "glaucoma workup" to see if I really do have it.
Scoping out the territory

Square of the hypotenuse

Lacy contrails

Going against the grain

Message from God:  stop killing each other

Prickly Pears and Ocotillos

From the western flank of Tortugas Mountain

From the western flank

Colorful Ocotillos in the high foothills

Allthorn (left) and a small Ocotillo

Autumnal signs

Slightly northwest of the mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo of the cross in the sky. I agree: this might be a message for humans to stop killing each other.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...