Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Pre-Tday Grocery Shopping

Leafless Ocotillos along the dirt road heading northwest
Becca and I did our normal Tuesday morning hike today--no extra mileage--so I could get back and do the weekly grocery shopping.  It slipped my mind that this was Thanksgiving Day week, but that fact was immediately made clear upon my entering Albertsons; the store was absolutely packed with pre-holiday shoppers.  After purchasing the requisite staples I felt fortunate to find an uncrowded checkout aisle and to get out in less than ninety minutes.  I find myself becoming more and more of a Scrooge each holiday season.  Next year I expect them to cancel Thanksgiving altogether so they can declare all of Thursday "Black Friday" in order for Christmas gift buying to get a proper start.
Sands of Mars

Action!

Looking back at the way we've just come

You can hike this road all the way back to Las Alturas

Lanky Ocotillo

Desert Marigold

November 21st and Blackfoot Daisies are still flowering

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad you were able to get in your hike (some sanity) before you ventured into the insanity of this holiday season.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...