Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Birds of Prey

Cholla flowers
I got an early start (sans Becca) this morning for several reasons:  first, I had to stop at Arroyo Veterinary Clinic on the way home to pick up a new prescription of Rimadyl for Becca; and, second, I had to do my weekly shopping routine after a quick shower.  I like to get in and out of Target and Alberstsons before the stores get overly crowded.  Call me antisocial, but I just don't enjoy rubbing shoulders with the leave-the-carts-unattended-in-the-middle-of-the-aisles crowd that shows up later in the day.  Good news to report, though:  all went swimmingly.  And Becca's leg seems to be significantly better.
Cholla blossom with Desert Willow flowers in background

In the high foothills of Tortugas Mountain

High-altitude cactus garden

Soaptree Yuccas

Pass this with eyes closed and you'd think you were in a perfumeria

Black-throated Sparrow

American Kestrel (right profile)

American Kestrel (left profile)

Loggerhead Shrike with breakfast

At first I thought he had a grasshopper

His meal appears to be a small lizard

Western Kingbird

Western Kingbird (Tyrannus verticalis)

Western Kingbird

Soaptree Yucca

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Great photos of these birds. I hope the loggerhead shrike enjoyed that breakfast. Yum.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...