Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, May 18, 2018

Just Another School Shooting

Whitethorn Acacia west of Tortugas Mountain
Ran into a mountain biker named Chris who we sometimes encounter on or about Tortugas, and he and I talked for twenty minutes about the crazy state of the world.  Then when I got home I learned of the school massacre in Santa Fe, Texas; so far the reports are of nine dead students and one dead teacher.  I find myself getting numb to these incidents, and I think, sarcastically, if we're not going to do anything substantive regarding the gun/mental health issues surrounding these killings why don't we just label them "population-control" measures and leave it at that?
Whitethorn Acacia

A wide arroyo creates a riparian area of sorts

In black-and-white

In color

Partially ruined by desert sun

Desert Cottontail getting breakfast

Slightly disturbed

Ash-throated Flycatcher

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the sweet aroma of the acacia--it tells me that summer is actually here.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...