Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Lone Hiker

Ash-throated Flycatcher
I got an early start on a morning trek even though Becca wasn't hiking with me; it's going to be 96F today, and I wanted to beat the heat.  I accomplished that with the help of a nice breeze that picked up about midway through my explorations.  Although there were quite a few vehicles parked in the Sunset area lot and along the road leading in I didn't see many people out in the desert, and I ran into nobody.  Unfortunately on the way back there was some idiot about halfway up Tortugas Mountain's west face singing loudly for all to hear.
Ash-throated Flycatcher

I hate paparazzi

Talk about a deep arroyo

Looking up the deep arroyo

Trident

Old and new

B&W desert just west of Tortugas Mountain

Could it be a Carpenter Bee?

Soaptree Yucca flowers

Climbing Milkweed (Funastrum cynanchoides)

Don't talk to me

Let me out of here

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The desert floor looks so brown and dry. We really need some good rain. But the desert plants know how to thrive in these conditions.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...