Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Teeth Cleaning

Steep
Becca and I did a slightly abbreviated trek west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, and there seemed to be an abundance of outdoor enthusiasts in and about the area; included in that group were enthusiasts of the critter kind, especially birds.  We encountered three winged desert denizens who were well worth the time it took to stop and photograph them.  After returning home I had to head out to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned.  The hygienist was highly amused when I told her I brush my dog Becca's teeth everyday.  She doesn't even brush her dogs' teeth.  Tsk, tsk. 
Break in the trunk shadow of a large Torrey Yucca

Moseying along the new trail

Whitethorn Acacia flowers in sunlight

White-winged Dove (Zenaida asiatica) on an Ocotillo branch

Soaptree Yucca flowers

Scott's Oriole (young male)

Think I'll be out a tune

Or I'll do my Westminster bird show pose

Ash-throated Flycatcher

Same flycatcher

Obviously the same flycatcher

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The three different birds that you photographed for today seem to have distinct personalities. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into what I'm seeing.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...