Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, May 21, 2018

Early, Short Hike

Becca back on the trail
I got Becca out on the trail west of Tortugas Mountain for a bit longer hike this morning; I still kept the trek pretty short, only climbing into the high foothills before turning around.  I thought I detected the slightest of limps in her front left leg at times, but it was almost nonexistent so I wondered if I might have been seeing something that wasn't there.  Since I'm always abundantly cautious about her physical condition I hope I didn't get her back on the trail too soon.  It was incredibly windy out there this morning, and the wind hasn't abated in the least right now.
I thought I noticed a slight hitch in her get-along

Plate-size Prickly Pear pads





1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That's very strong wind! We're in for a blustery and dusty day.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...