Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2018

More in the Saddle

This and the next four:  small herd of Mule Deer we saw at a distance
I took Becca to the far side of Tortugas Mountain this morning in order to do a slightly longer hike with her.  The rest and the Rimadyl seem to have helped significantly with her sprained leg, and I wanted to continue with her rehab by cautiously increasing her exercise a bit.  She did quite well, and I've seen no real evidence of limping.  The other thing I continue to enforce is her new diet, something she really doesn't like.  But I'm determined to get her weight down a few pounds to alleviate added pressure on her legs.  Although we ran into a few mountain bikers, joggers and hikers out there today our most memorable encounter was with a small herd of Mule Deer we saw in the distance near a bend in the trail.
Fairly clear shot of one

The image I most wanted to capture came out crap

Surprised this one turned out OK

How did I get in here?

A struggle with depth perception

Small mesquite in the southeast foothills

Chorus line of yuccas

Boulders at the base of Tortugas Mountain

More boulders

Becca is slowly getting back into the groove

Waiting on the pokey photographer

Long view to the west

Zooming in a bit

One trail around the mountain

I always think of this as "Sisyphus's Rock"

Whose that conehead blending into the background?  (Scaled Quail)

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

We've been fortunate to be able to see a lot (relatively speaking) of mule deer in the last month of so. I wonder if this has anything to do with the drought.

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...