Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Beyond Toasty


This and the next two:  same Ash-throated Flycatcher
Since today is "resupply the hacienda day" Becca and I took a shorter hike on and about Tortugas Mountain.  It already felt really hot out there, and I suspect the humidity is a bit higher than normal.  I noticed that even at a slower pace Becca seems slightly hobbled in her left front leg--the one she strained--and I'm beginning to wonder if I should see about giving her some glucosamine in case arthritis is flaring in a joint somewhere.  I probably could benefit from taking glucosamine myself.  I'm starting to make that "groaning" noise old people make whenever they stand up or sit down. :)


Four-headed Torrey Yucca

Why is this one of Becca's favorite yuccas?

Because she likes to lie in its shadow

On the brink of entering a deep, steep arroyo

On the upper foothills trail now

Typical Chihuahuan Desert flora growing on limestone outcrop

A 2 1/2' X 2 1/2' ball of Strawberry Hedgehog Cactus

Growing from rock

Prickly Pear and Mormon Tea growing side-by-side

Closer look at I-don't-know-what

Experimental tower

I thought of cropping this, but I like the composition

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the composition of that last photo, too.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...