Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Bites and Other Delights

Looking right . . .
Becca and I did a brief hike this morning west of Tortugas Mountain.  I had to get home, shower and head over to the Las Cruces Urgent Care Clinic to have a doctor look at four bite marks on my legs from which I was having a full-blown allergic reaction.  The only other time I had something close to this reaction was when I was bitten on both ankles by fire ants.  The doctor believed this time that I'd probably been bitten by a spider.  She gave me a prescription for a strong antibiotic and some cream.  Naturally the pharmacy didn't have the cream on hand so I have to pick it up tomorrow.  Doc wants to see me on Friday to check if the allergic reaction is heading in the right direction.  The odd thing about these bites is that I never felt them being inflicted upon my poor sensitive body.
. . . and left

Ocotillo blossoming

Strawberry Hedgehog Cactus

Same Strawberry Hedgehog

I always have the feeling Becca is thinking "Hurry it up, stupid."

One trail heads up the mountain, the other goes left at the centerline

Water rages through that arroyo when it rains heavily

How deep is this arroyo?  I'm not even at the bottom of it

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo of the ocotillo blossoming. Such a beautiful orange-red color.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...