Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Rare Day Off

Down at the watering hole
To put it bluntly, I felt like crap this morning; so I decided it would be best for both Becca and me to skip the morning outing.  It was already 77F when we got up, and the temperature is headed to a high of 104F--just not the kind of day you want to be slogging around in the desert when you're not feeling well.  We'll have to see what tomorrow brings.  I took the time, though, to do a little photography around the hacienda, and I got a few interesting shots.
The gang's all here

What kind of move is that?

Papa

Mesquite beans

Laden with beans

Golden Barrel Cactus

A look at the upper 40

I'm looking through you

Cholla with new growth

A pair of male Scott's Orioles in a Mesquite Tree

The one on the right

Here they are again

This one hung around longer than the other

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photos of the Scott's orioles in the mesquite tree--they look like impressionist paintings.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...