Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Just Won't Cool Down

This morning's full moon
Becca and I got an early start on the west side of Tortugas Mountain this morning in order to beat the heat and to finish early so I could get back, shower, and do my weekly shopping chores.  Darned if it didn't feel pretty hot out in the desert regardless.  We just can't seem to shake the sweaty hand of summer even though we're several days into fall.  It has been getting a bit cooler during the nights, but the lower temps don't hold up very long against a blazing Sol.  I know what's going to happen:  one moment I'll be complaining about the heat and in the next I'll be griping about a cold snap.
Popcorn clouds

Who does Becca see?

We three kings

Just jiving

Trailing Four O'Clock

Southwest to the horizon

Headed down into a deep gully

High foothills trail

My favorite high-altitude cactus garden

Lacespine Pincushion Cactus

Five levels

Parry's Agave

Same Parry's Agave

Just off the road to the mountaintop

One trail up Tortugas

West of the mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

What a beautiful photo of this morning's full moon.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...