Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Slightly Crowded Tuesday

Steep drop-off at the side of the trail
Becca and I had to get an early start on our morning trek on Tortugas Mountain because I had to get back home, shower and head to both Target and Albertson's to do the weekly shopping.  When we got out to the trailhead we were surprised (at least I was) to see the number of cars already parked there; generally on a Tuesday morning few outdoor enthusiasts are on the mountain before us.  We ran into several mountain bikers and several hikers on our 60-minute trek, but nobody with dogs--always a major disappointment for my canine companion.
How sunlight highlights Ocotillos

Heading for the upper foothills

Pssst

Getting ahead of the pack

Crest of the high foothills trail

Layers

Sun-blemished image

Bouquet of Damianita (Chrysactinia mexicana) in the high foothills

Rocky desert

Strawberry Hedgehog

Baby Devil's Head (Echinocactus horizonthalonius) and its shadow

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It's nice to see how green the ocotillo are because of the rain we've been having. They should start to yellow out in a few weeks, I think.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...