Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Whopper!

Devil's Head
Yesterday, just before midnight, Becca came into the bedroom to tell us that a major storm was brewing, and she didn't like it much.  It let loose shortly after that.  I had to get up and sit with her for over an hour, finally resorting to putting her Thundershirt on her to keep her calm.  It worked pretty well, but I felt at times as if I needed a Thundershirt.  Some of the simultaneous lightning strikes and thunder bursts scared the crap out of me.  Our morning trek was delayed a bit because it was still raining lightly, and then we had to abbreviate our hike because I had to head over to Discount Tire for my 11:00 a.m. appointment to have the tires changed on the white CR-V.  Fortunately I was in and out in slightly under an hour.
Closeup of top thorns

Pausing to look at other dogs

West of Tortugas

A very wet northern Chihuahuan Desert

Heading back to the trailhead

Hiker taking the steep way up

Blackfoot Daisies

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I don't recall seeing a lot of the pretty Blackfoot daisies this summer--I guess the recent rains brought them out.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...