Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, April 8, 2022

A Little Loopy

First 2:  ancient juniper on our property
Dr. K, Willow, Frio and I went exploring on the elk and deer trail in the forest near our property again this morning.  When we finished our short hike I took Mr. Frio with me when I went to see if I could find the new loop trail section of the Grand View.

I had no luck finding it as we hiked the trail from the lower trailhead, but when we were headed back to the CR-V I noticed a colored ribbon on a tree at the far right side of the pathway.  That turned out to be a marker for the new loop.

Frio and I followed the trail for a quarter mile or so before turning around.  It is quite steep from the lower trail, but might be a bit better from the upper trail; we'll have to try it that way next time.


This & next: following elk trails in the Sacramento Mountains


This & next:  Frio and Willow leading the way


Sacramento Mountains

Old juniper along the way

View from the Grand View Trail

Grand View Trail

Dead tree

High altitude yuccas

Mr. Frio

Yucca, dried chamisa and junipers

100-foot drop-off at least

This & next 4:  scenes from the new Grand View loop trail



White-winged Dove on a dead juniper



Waiting for the Stage (by me, acrylic on canvas 1998)

This & next 4:  Black-chinned Hummingbird





Sacramento Mountains

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the area around the cabin and also of the new Grand View Loop trail. I also like the photos of the Black-Chinned hummer. "Waiting for the Stage" is one of my favorite paintings of the ones that you've created.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...