Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Chilly Again

Desert Cardinal (Dry Brush filter)
The sand-blasting winds that blew through here over the past several days finally delivered a cold front that dropped the temperature noticeably.  It was quite chilly when Willow, Frio and I were out there this morning due to a slight windchill.

We trooped on, however, doing our regular hike while I captured a few images of our section of northern Chihuahuan Desert.

Yuccas and the mountain

Heelers

Long view

Half alive

Claret Cup Cactus

Little Soaptree

Our favorite mesquite tree

Budding Ocotillos

Willow and Frio

Long view of Tortugas and the Organs

Phacelia

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photo of the budding Ocotillos, which are a sure sign that hot weather is on its way.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...