Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Hiking on Sunday

Ocotillos on the hill west of LDR-A
Hot out there this morning when Dr. K, Willow and I did our hike.  We followed the usual route.

On the drive to the trailhead I took a good look at the Nipple Beehive Cactus just left of the dirt road and determined it would be worth the effort to revisit it in the afternoon.

We took a long ride after the trek listening to Matt and Myron on their Sunday Morning radio show; when they mentioned that the U.S. women's basketball team was in a close tussle with the French women's team we started watching on my phone.  It was fantastic to get to see the U.S. team win gold.

A little before 2 p.m. I drove back out to the spot where I hoped the Nipple Beehive Cactus would reward my effort.  Wow, did it ever!

Yucca and ocotillo

Artsy Fritillary

 

Velvety Nerisyrenia

This & next:  Whitethorn Acacia


Velvety Nerisyrenia, a mustard

Barrel cactus buds and flower

This & next:  Nipple Beehive Cactus


Barrel cactus

Afternoon view of Tortugas and the Organs

Closeup of Nipple Beehive Cactus flowers

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm so glad you went back in the afternoon to see the beautiful Nipple Beehive flowers.

Grand View Dustup

1st 3:  views of the Sacramentos from our road Not long after we started off on the Grand View Trail this morning we encountered a woman and...