Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Dry with Flowers

Looking southwest from LDR-A
Because it was somewhat overcast with an occasional slight breeze Dr. K, Willow and I decided to do the entire route this morning.  Even though it was partly cloudy the 80F temperature combined with high humidity made us feel pretty sweaty by the time we finished the hike.  We enjoyed ourselves, though, and I was able to get some decent photos of plants and insects in our arid environment.
Barrel under bush

Who's a little sand potato?

Barrel with flowers and buds

Stinging Serpent (Cevallian sinuata)

This & next 3:  male long-horned bee on Stinging Serpent




Triple barrel cactus

Willow and Dr. K are in there somewhere

Fishhook barrel cactus

Distant view of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

 

No comments:

Dry with Flowers

Looking southwest from LDR-A Because it was somewhat overcast with an occasional slight breeze Dr. K, Willow and I decided to do the entire ...