Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, August 3, 2026

Whole Hike

Starting down LDR-A
It felt pretty hot out there when Dr. K, Willow and I started hiking this morning; the humidity was high and the clouds weren't shielding us from the blazing sun.  The only question in the humans' minds was whether to cut the hike short or not.  Dr. K and I couldn't decide so we left it up to Willow, who, at the judgement junction, chose to do the whole trek.  We stopped plenty of times for shade and water often having to depart early due to the appearance of ants; they've been everywhere this season it seems.  We had a good hike, none of us overly tired from the effort.
Clouds over ocotillos

Willow on sand

This & next 4:  Sacred Datura





This & next:  barrel cactus with buds and flowers

 

Blackfoot Daisy

Last 2:  barrel cacti again


No comments:

Whole Hike

Starting down LDR-A It felt pretty hot out there when Dr. K, Willow and I started hiking this morning; the humidity was high and the clouds ...