Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Pre-Shop Trek

Roadrunner on the move
We cut the half roughly in two this morning because Willow wasn't enjoying herself and we weren't either.  We were out there long enough for me to get some decent photos of our desert denizens, including a Jewel Beetle which I hadn't seen in years.  After the outing I got ready and left for my weekly shopping stint at Albertsons.  After lunch Dr. K did her rounds at Target.
One second later

Willow on one of her many breaks

Cloud over Tortugas Mountain

Greater Earless Lizard

This creosote fruit is tasty

Southwest of Tortugas Mountain

Last 2:  Gyascutus caelatus (metallic wood-boring beetle)

aka Jewel Beetle

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photos of the Jewel Beetle.

Nothing Much

Desert Marigold It felt pretty uncomfortable out there this morning for our daily trek; it seems as if humidity is creeping back into the at...