Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Nothing Much

Desert Marigold
It felt pretty uncomfortable out there this morning for our daily trek; it seems as if humidity is creeping back into the atmosphere.  Dr. K, Willow and I decided to cut the hike short for obvious reasons.  We were out there long enough for me to get a few fairly decent photos.  The beetle I'm never able to capture a decent image of--I learned today from conversing with Gemini--is a desert blue-ball blister beetle.  Apparently they are extremely dangerous if touched; they release a chemical that can burn the skin.  Good to know, though we'd never try to pick one up; and now we'll always make certain that Willow doesn't get near one.
LDR-A arroyo

Willow on sand break

This & next:  desert blue-ball blister beetle

Cysteodemus wislizeni

Curve-billed Thrasher

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad you learned more about the Desert Blue-ball Blister Beetle. What an interesting creature.

Nothing Much

Desert Marigold It felt pretty uncomfortable out there this morning for our daily trek; it seems as if humidity is creeping back into the at...