Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Regular Route

Goosefoot Moonpod (Acleisanthes chenopodioides)
Because it was a tad cooler this morning Dr. K, Willow and I decided to do the entirety of our regular route.  An inconsistent breeze made conditions slightly more bearable, but it was still pretty miserable.  A Western Diamondback rattler gave us a scare as we passed within a few feet of the bush it was under in the right branch arroyo.  I photographed its tail, but couldn't see the whole snake.  After lunch I took a drive in the Jeep Commander back out to the upper flatland road near the trailhead to photograph a Nipple Beehive Cactus I knew would be blooming in the afternoon.
Young dove

Twin-leaf Senna

Desert Marigold

Desert Willow

Cinchweed

Barrel cactus

House Finch on ocotillo branch

Curve-billed Thrasher on ocotillo branch

What we heard rattling under a bush
 

The rest:  Nipple Beehive Cactus





No comments:

Regular Route

Goosefoot Moonpod ( Acleisanthes chenopodioides ) Because it was a tad cooler this morning Dr. K, Willow and I decided to do the entirety of...