Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, August 7, 2026

No Prizewinners

Wils, sand break
It was hot out there already when Dr. K, Willow and I began our morning hike.  We decided early on to cut the trek short because Willow wasn't really into it.  After my 45-minute afternoon bushwhack to photograph blooming barrel cacti yesterday I wasn't into this morning's outing that much, either.  We heard a young bird calling for its mother (we think) and then I spotted a hawk on a yucca stump way over on top of 4210 hill.  I got some pics of it, but not good ones.  From a YouTube video of a  baby Red-tailed Hawk calling for its mother I think the raptor I photographed was a young Red-tailed Hawk.
This & next 3:  distant pics of a young Red-tailed Hawk?




Right branch arroyo

 

No comments:

No Prizewinners

Wils, sand break It was hot out there already when Dr. K, Willow and I began our morning hike.  We decided early on to cut the trek short be...