Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, August 21, 2026

Friday's Forest Trek

Morning sky
We altered our route a bit this morning just to be different.  In so doing we discovered what seems to be the entrance to a fox den; we think it's probably foxes for several reasons.  I saw one the last time we were up here, and there's fox poop on one of our septic tank covers.  I'd love to be able to get a photo of a red fox sometime in the near future.  We had a good outing in the forest, and now we're watching the sky where clouds are building in advance of possible showers.  Glad I got in all the mowing and weeding I needed to do over the past two days.
Fox scat near our place makes me think this is a den entrance

Willow mid-hike

Davis Mountain Mock Vervain

Not going that way

Lincoln National Forest

The pumphouse

Inside the pumphouse

1500-gallon water tank

Willow in pumphouse shadow

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Nice image of the pretty Davis Mountain Mock Vervain flowers.

Friday's Forest Trek

Morning sky We altered our route a bit this morning just to be different.  In so doing we discovered what seems to be the entrance to a fox ...