Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Pre-Work Hike

Sacramentos
Dr. K, Willow and I did a regular hike in the forest behind the cabin this morning, climbing straight up the small mountain to the crest, followed our usual route and returned through the back 40.  Afterward I did some mowing of grass and weeds on the property, straightened up some railroad ties that had slipped out of boundary positions due to recent rains, and then, with Dr. K's help, removed logs from the rack near the front fence, fortified the structure and replaced logs.  The rack was leaning hard against the front fence bending it outward a bit.  Lots of work that's tired me out a bit.
Willow on our road

Little male house finch followed us to the high country

I think this is Slimleaf Plains-Mustard

This & next:  Willow at rest


Old juniper

Davis Mountain Mock Vervain

This & next:  Berlandier's Yellow Flax


Pines beside the cabin

What we saw flying in the mountains this morning

 

No comments:

Pre-Work Hike

Sacramentos Dr. K, Willow and I did a regular hike in the forest behind the cabin this morning, climbing straight up the small mountain to t...