Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Whole Hike Day

Crissal Thrasher in our mesquite tree (through window)
It was cool enough this morning due to intermittent clouds and a light breeze for Dr. K, Willow and I to do our regular route; times when the sun broke though the temperature rose, though I believe we're in the midst of slight cooling trend overall.  We saw a truck parked at the Tellbrook/Sonoma Ranch lot, but we never spotted any other outdoor enthusiasts.  The morning trek was good for getting exercise in; not so good for photographs.
This & next:  cholla


Yuccas, Mormon Tea, ocotillo, creosote bushes

Willow leads

Willow rests

Clouds over desert

Desert flora and the flank of Tortugas

Allthorn berries
 

Last 2:  barrel cactus with buds and flowers


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the image of the tiny Allthorn berries.

Critter Panoply

1st 3:  after the morning rain It was raining just before Dr. K, Willow and I left for our morning hike; as a result the desert floor was so...