Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 7, 2011

¡Ay Chihuahua!

Huge arroyo on Tortugas Mountain's western flank
Even though it was a weekend morning, there weren't many hikers, bikers or joggers on the mountain.  We were able to do a long hike without encountering other homo sapiens.  We did get a lesson in the birds and bees, although the Scott's Oriole wouldn't come out into the open so I could get a clear shot of it.
It's astonishing how dry the desert is; incredible that anything is blooming.
My best friend


Bee on Ocotillo flower

Huge bee on approach


Male Scott's Oriole

Different Prickly Pear flowers on the same cactus

A bee almost up to her butt in pollen

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The photos of the bees and the blossoms are remarkable.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...