Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day Six Sans Dog

I did a semi-long hike alone this morning west of Tortugas.  At first it was rather chilly, but I soon warmed up owing to the absence of wind.  There were a few other outdoors types in the desert, one guy jogging with his German Shepherd teenager.  It made me miss Becca even more.  When I got home I took her out right away, exploring the arroyo next to our house.  I keep her on the lead all the time to head off any urges to bound around in the sandy arroyo bottom.  I'll have to use the lead for awhile when she first gets back to hiking just so I can rein her in a bit.

6 comments:

Scott said...

Say that title five times fast!

Dr. K said...

Packrat, you should make a documentary about the desert for PBS.

Jenny-B said...

I was checking in to see all your beautiful pictures. Poor Becca - I hope she heals quickly - its no fun being left behind.

packrat said...

It's a real tongue-twister, Scott.

:)

packrat said...

You're somewhat biased, Dr. K.

packrat said...

Thanks, Jennifer. Becca gets to resume hiking tomorrow. She's really eager to get out there.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...