Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Midweek Solo Hike

Looking back up the trail to the foothills
My hike wasn't completely solo today; I ran into J.C. and Shaque about two-thirds of the way back to the Sunset Parking area.  We all hiked back together, lamenting how screwed up our American government is nowadays.  Well, Shaque didn't grouse about it; he was too busy carrying a small log he had found.  In one way I was glad Becca wasn't with me today.  She pesters the hell out of Shaque, oblivous to his old-timer status.
Deer were using the trail, too

Ocotillos and Soaptree Yuccas

Long view looking west


In the arroyo beside the hacienda

Becca exploring our arroyo

4 comments:

Scott said...

I'm got to hand it to you for walking solo. It would be so easy to make an excuse not to take a walk if you didn't have to give Becca some exercise.

That trickle of water in the arroyo is interesting to me. I always picture arroyos either bone dry or roaring with floodwater.

Caroline said...

Where was Becca today? I miss seeing her photos!

Dr. K said...

Becca has a sprained elbow and can't hike for a week. She whimpers because she can't go with Packrat.

packrat said...

Scott: Hiking without Becca is not nearly as much fun.

Caroline: Do you mean you miss seeing the photos of Becca or the ones SHE takes?

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...