Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday Solo

West of Tortugas
When I was nearly finished with my solo hike this morning I ran into Jimmy at the base of Tortugas Mountain.  The first thing he said was, "Where's Becca?"  Becca is very fond of Jimmy, and vice versa. Jimmy has a dog who's too old to accompany him on hikes, though he did in the past.  Jimmy and I chatted for a bit.  He told me he was going to buy Turtleskin snake gaiters because he's been doing a lot of bushwhacking in the Organs, and he's preparing for rattlesnake season.  My snake gaiters are made by Outdoor Research.
Bushwhacking west of the mountain

Hawk in mid-flap

Looking to the southwest

Turk's Head cactus

Side yard at the ranch (neighbor's observatory at center left)

I planted this Cholla as a one-foot section when we first moved here

Front porch of the hacienda

Becca enjoying the sunny day

Front and side windows

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The rattlesnakes should be up and about in a month or so.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...